Florida Holidays: 5 Things You Didn’t Know About Disney World
If you are thinking about going to Florida and visiting the iconic Disney World in Orlando, here are some interesting and totally random facts that won’t help you in any way. However, you can use these rare pieces of information and entertain the rest of your family or friends. It will make the queuing time more interesting and you will sound like an expert. Go on, read the following weird stories:
1. Disney World employees are now allowed to have facial hair. After years of hair prohibition, The Walt Disney Co. has relaxed its totalitarian dress code policy and now mustaches and clean-cut beards are allowed. Hipsters of the world, now you can work at Disney’s!
2. Disney World encloses 1,200 km2. This is ten times the size of Cambridge!
3. More than 46 million people visit Walt Disney World per year. If we take into consideration that London’s population is around eight million people, do the maths and you get a shocking 5.85 times the people in UK’s capital visiting this amusement park annually. Incredible stuff!
4. Francis Ford Coppola, the man behind The Godfather and Apocalypse Now, used to have a 3D film featured at Disney, Capitan EO, with Michael Jackson and Angelica Huston. Thrilling!
5. When Disney’s Magic Kingdom Park first opened its doors on October the 1st, 1971, the ticket was $3.50. Nowadays it’s a bit more expensive: $89.95 for a day.